Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Symposium Web Cleint in SCCS 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlieblein

IS-IT--Management
Sep 29, 2009
UY
In my Organization we have Symposium 5
I have this problem where i start my Symposium Web Client form the IP of the server its open perfectly but where i start from the name apears in the address anyone have the same problem or know the solution?

Thanks in advance,
Javier Lieblein

Lets just be clear what you mean: If you type the IP address of the web client application server into the address bar of the browser, it works. If you type the server name in the address bar it does not work? If that is the case either you have not specified the name correctly or there is no DNS entry for that server. You need to verify the server name and verify that there is a DNS entry for it.

the server is correctly configured in the DNS, have an antry, i pinged it and responds, the hard client works from the name without problems.

i write in the host file and do the same thing, only works if i satr session with the ip

When you ping the server do you use ping -a and IP address to see if it resolves the name? Or do you just use a standard ping for a response?

Response the samme name of the server respose ok, i think the web server is not installed well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back