Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Symposium UserDefined reports 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qey

Technical User
Mar 31, 2004
GB
Id like to have a mastercopy of reports that I can deploy to other workstations - I've tried navigating to find my own reports with out much luck - any one managed to do this ?

With GRTD I created a maister floor plan and was able to copy the grtduser.mdb on to other workstations very easily - would be nice if I could do this with the reports

Symposium release 4.01.07 on W2k

Regards

"When one burns one's bridges, what a very nice fire it makes.

Hello -
I can only speak to Symposium Express:
- locate the nicrpt.mdb file on the client workstation (client\en\data directory)
- copy this to the other workstations (backup their nicrpt.mdb before you do, in case they have already made custom reports and you need to undo this change)
- if other users will need to run the same reports and are logging in to Symposium with a different account, edit the .mdb file - reports table, userid field to be their userid; Reports with a userid of None are the canned reports

There may be a way to do this using the Import feature on the Reports window in the Symposium client - that uses Crystal Reports (rpt) files. Good luck...

Thanks RParent - I'll look into that today and confirm if it works for Symposium client 4

"When one burns one's bridges, what a very nice fire it makes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back