Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Symposium Sybase installation errors 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jemiss

Technical User
Sep 22, 2003
GB
We tried to install symposium 4.2 at the weekend but it failed with errors on the stage 5 sybase database section with connectivity errors to the SQL server. Has anyone else seen this?

There does appear to be many issues installing the 4.2 client. A lot revolving around the sybase. Steps I take is to ensure I install from the CD and not a network copy of it. Make sure that you are logged in as someone whoa has local administration of the PC. Face the PC east as the sun rises on the summer solstice [smile].

Good luck.

Paul

try and install the sybase portion seperately then do the full installation. I think there's a Nortel directive with the proper instructions. Are you installing on a Windows 2000 machine?

me again.....

check out this thread, it has the proper instructions.

thread959-530513

Hi Guys

Its the server installation thats giving problems, we haven't got as far as the client install yet!

Yes it is been installed on Win2K

More than likely, you are having problems because there is something running or installed on the server that the database install utility is conflicting with. I had the same problem installing SCCS 4.2 on a Compq Proliant and it ended up being the Compaq SmartStart server utilities that were the problem. In theory, they shouldn't have conflicted; but Nortel software doesn't play well with others. The server needs to be as clean as possible with Windows 2000 Standard server, and then only SNMP installed in the windows components section.

Pls make sure only u have the win2000 and proper drivers for ethernet and Tape drivers if any installed.Dont allow the junk like disk manager and rest which will the server personals likely to intall to monitor the server performance.It is as easy is installing the 4.2.But u have to wait even for morethan 10 hrs when u have RAID setup with your server.Caz it took that much time for me while installing the same.

We had a SAN network off the back of the server and the SAN utilities seemed to be the problem, we added a local RAID container and it installed fine. Bout time they wrote their software properly!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back