Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Symposium Scripts and Not Ready Status

Status
Not open for further replies.

BikeTours

Technical User
Dec 28, 2004
CA
We have a manager who wants to do away with the Not Ready status on some agent phones.

They wonder if a delay of some sort can be placed in the symposium scripts, which would be considered the agents Not Ready time and after that they go right back to the queue.

I am not a symposium expert but my understanding is that once the call drops to the agent Symposium loses control of the call so no there is no means of putting in a standard 30 seconds post termination delay in the symposium scripts.

Any thoughts on all this and how it might be done... Give the agent a standard and automatic thirty second delay after they terminate a call and that is it, before they go into queue.

Not in the scripts, but you can put a delay in the agents' Call Presentation class of service to enforce a delay after they hang up from an ACD call. However, this would not apply to their initial login.

Do you have any idea of what those class of service changes are?

Go into the Call Presentation class (probably assigned to multiple agents, but agents could be in different clases, so you might need a new class altogether). It's break time.

A word of warning -- I didn't fully gauge the impact of this break time in my very first Symposium installation. The supervisors wanted a 20 second break time - then there was chaos when when apparently idle agents weren't receiving calls backing up in queue. Just keep this in mind. The average break time is only a very few seconds for this reason.

I see what you mean. As I dig through the symposium documentation I have come to the conclusion:

1) you could impose a 30 seconds wait by setting the Call force delay to 30 seconds. After the timer expires I would understand that the call is forced to the agent.

2) set the After Call Break option to 30 seconds and the force call delay timer to 0 seconds. After the 30 second break the call would be forced to the agent.

Is that a correct conclusion.

Yes, pretty much. On Option 2, the call would be forced to the agent, but only if there is one waiting.

Beware that call forcing is a very stressfull way of working for the agent.

If you use break time in your Call Presentation Class, tell the agents that they can interrupt the break time (if calls are waiting) by pressing Not ready followed by ACD key.

Break time can be a stress factor too!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back