Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Symposium Scripting: Capture or log dailed DN or CDN

Status
Not open for further replies.

bookendb

IS-IT--Management
Jan 29, 2004
US
I have a log command at the end of the master script that will alert me when a call is not captured by the where statements. I get a couple of those logs per day. How can I write a script or command that would tell me what the dialed number or cdn is? It may be possible to filter the number but what do I do with it when I have discovered the number? Even worse, the prospect of building the the nested commands seems ugly and daunting, if it would even work.
Can I force a calls dialed dn or cdn to appear into the log? Is there a way to cause this?
Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.
Signed, Stumped.

You will have to use a workaround to capture the CDN or dialed dn, like:
WHERE CDN EQUALS
VALUE 1234: LOG "CDN = 1234 Call not captured"
VALUE 1235: LOG "CDN = 1235 Call not captured"
VALUE 1236: LOG "CDN = 1236 Call not captured"
DEFAULT: LOG "CDN = Unknown Call not captured"
END WHERE

When you have a date and time you can run a 'Call by Call' report and investigate further.

So what if you dont know what the CDN number is, that is my question.

A CDN is required to route calls to the Master_Script.
So it depends somewhat on how your Master_Script is setup; WHERE statements are routes via CDN, DNIS or Dialed DN?

At the end of the Master_Script (or in a separate 'LOG script') repeat all these WHERE (CDN=?) route options (with the CDN? number hardcoded in the LOG command) to figure out what entry caused it. This can be a long list of numbers but there is no other way to LOG this entry data.

good point..that limits why my expected list would be...

This would be much simpler if you used HDX (Host Data Exchange) which can write the actual values and not rely on a where statement. It can save to a comma delimited file if it is seldom used.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back