Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Symposium reports not appearing

Status
Not open for further replies.

cgadmin

Programmer
Jan 9, 2008
US
We recently purchased a bunch of new pcs that I installed Symposium client onto. When you go to run any option under reports and display or call administration I receive an hour-glass but after a second or two the hour glass goes away and the screens do not appear. When I go to the advanced functions and click on windows to see what is open, those options appear on the list however they will not appear on the screen. I did use the same login on a different computer and I can view all options. It looks like it has something to do with the computer itself. Any suggestions

PC problem.
Check internet>tools> security
1. enable all the ActiveX boxes
2. add WebClient to trusted sites
3. Javascript enabled

Could be Crystal report viewer also...What release Symposium?

We are not access it through the web so I would say the classic client

Is the "Soap package" installed correctly?
This is installed automatically when browsing to a webclient page (only if there are enough rights to do so).
Maybe login as an administrator once on that PC?

As they are using fat client, all web client issues are moot (SOAP, .NET, ActiveX).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back