Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Symposium Rel 5 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sympology

MIS
Jan 6, 2004
GB
Just found out off Nortel Website that Rel 5 of Symposium is due March 2004.
Does anyone have any info what it contains? There is nothing on the website (apart from the date on a promotion for 4.2).
Doe anyone know if it will be availible in the UK at the same time?

Stu..

New target date for GA is April 28. Haven't heard about UK specifically, though.

Biggest question though is what it contains. I know our managers would love the ability to change the state of an agents phone remotely.

Redundant server? I hope so that would be the thing that would make my life with management so much better. Do you know if it is hotstandy or a shutdown and reboot job?
Thanks.
Stu..

If it is true failover I should be able to swing an upgrade easily. I can justify it on Business Continuity then..

I have just received a copy of the Nortel powerpoint presention for release 5. Fraid to say its warm server and manual switchover. Needs 3 servers to accomplish this. Still looking through for any thing else.

Ooo so excited... where did you get this PP document.

Could you send it to me if not normally availble (we don't have a Nortel support contract yet !).
If you can't post it, can you stick some info on this group.

Thanks a load.

Stu..

stu\/.reeves@scc/\.com (remove /\'s)

Also, Nortel is trying to winback some of the existing users that are thinking of going with Genesys for their Virtual Contact Center capability... SCCS 5.0 has this "new feature" which is don't have all the details but it's included in the PowerPoint that i obtain from our vendor.

If someone would like a copy, you can send me an e-mail at benoit.dupuis@cgi.com

Ben

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back