Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Symposium Real Time Display settings?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

underwoj

Technical User
Sep 13, 2006
US
Running CC6 and having 1 user that keeps getting Server Unreachable when launching the RTD (within the internet page that comes up). We have tried altering some I.E. settings (Active X and Java) and changed her network port on our Cisco. She is the only one being effected so I thinking it is a pc or I.E. setting issue. Does anyone know if there are settings in I.E. that need to be set to have the RTD run? I never had a problem with this but this is 1 user out of 50 or so having this problem.

thanks!!!

I had the same issue once and it was a GPO who have reset my firewall settings. Try disabling the firewall and see if it is working. Each time my Service Desk called me saying there is a user not able to get RTD working, it's the first thing I ask them to do, disable Firewall.

Just a thought!

Sylvain Richard

"Work is like an adventure. You have to fullfill goal to progress in your journey.

her firewall is setup just like mine...and the RTD on my pc works :(

Compare the DNS and gateway settings between the two machines. You should be using host name on both machines. For "Server Unreachable," are you both in the same subnet, etc.?

If you are launching a private copy of the RTD, try to launch public RTD. If it works, delete your private copy and recopy the public RTD.

Server unreachable is a weird error to get. Usually if they can get to the Symposium/CC server they should be able to at least load the realtime page. After that if they are unable to get a multicast/unicast stream then it will load the displays but say "No data".

Is it possible to uninstall the ActiveX Control? If yes, try to uninstall and reinstall. You might want to check CCMA documentation regarding IE setting.

thanks guys - I am going to go thru these one at a time and see if they help - you rock!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back