Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Symposium license cost

Status
Not open for further replies.

todd1019

IS-IT--Management
Nov 11, 2002
US
I know the symposium license costs may vary depending on volume purchased but does anyone know a good baseline for each license that could be used in a budgeting process and what these license are for.

Cost of licensing for each
Switch side - I believe these are ISM license?
CCS100 - What does this give you?
CCS200 - What does this give you?

Depnding on how much equipment you buy, or if Nortel even offer servers any longer, would change the price a bit. You are mostly going to get charged based on this parameter of the Server though:

"Active Agents"

It can be found under Historical Statistics on a Symposium "Fat" client software.

I think you'd best call Nortel Pre-Sales support on that one--they can help out better than anyone.

that is the problem it is like pulling teeth to get good quotes out of my vendor.

Plus I had a simple question that I still have a grey answer on.

I currently have 200 licensed agents and phones. We need to fill out our training area but we will not need more than 200 agents logged in simultaneously.

I need 240 phones acquired by symposium so my question is this.

I need 240 CCS100 and CCS200 license. Switch side of ACD I believe and I currently have DIGITAL TELEPHONES 616 LEFT 404 USED 212.

Will I have to purchase 40 ACD ISM Level 4 for symposium license in order for the phones to be acquired? Will this also give me 40 more agents signed on simultaneously which I really do not need. I really just need 200 agents but I need 240 acd phones in symposium. Hope this makes sense.

Todd,
Not sure if this will answer your questions or not but here goes.
1. There is no "cut and dried" price for a Symposium agent. Mom and Pop will pay twice that as a Fortune 500. And, most likely, no one here will tell you what they pay since they either don't want you to know that information, or if they are like me, they don't write the checks, they just make the systems work.

2. If you look in your Historical Statistics, you will see two variables under Parameters. One is Active Agents, and the other is Agent Positions (phoneset). The Value under Agent Positions (phoneset) is configurable. You can build up to 6000 phonesets in the Symposium. The value under Active Agents is hard set. This is the actual number of simultaneous agents you can have connected to the Symposium. This means that if you ran a Call Center that had three shifts with 100 agents on each shift, you could create 300 phonesets, but only log them in 100 at a time.
If you have the capacity in your switch, and excess licenses at any given time, then you can simply create the added phonesets for you training lab and log them in as appropriate.

This is what i needed to know. I have noticed that the pricing is different every time it really makes it hard to give a good ball park estimate to upper management for budgeting.

I did notice the phonset agent position field was configurable. So if I read you right all i would need would be the CCS100 and CCS200 license on the PBX increased. I would NOT need the ISM level 4 license for symposium increased and I would just bump up the agent position [phoneset] parameter to meet my need and this would allow me to acquire the addition phones to symposium.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back