Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Symposium - External Call Not Going to Voicemail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spirit1

MIS
Mar 6, 2001
US
We have a Nortel PBX Meridian 1 Option 81C. Our voicemail is an Octel 250 System.
If an internal call or someone dials the Helpdesk direct, the call goes into a waiting queue, the caller receives MICB announcement lines are busy, then after 30 seconds the 2nd announcement is made. After 1 minute the call is transfer to voicemail. This works fine.
Problem: We have an 800 number for our attorneys to dial into the voicemail. Once connected, they have the option of dialing an internal number. If they dial the Helpdesk ext. 8008 the Octel sends the call to the Helpdesk queue but no announcement is triggered just dead air. Call will ring an available ACD phone, but if all phones are busy it never gets directed to the voicemail.

This is how SBC configured the PBX:

LD 23 - CDN 8008 - CDN is the Control DN
That CDN is DFDN (default DN) to the ACD queue where the Agents are - which
is 8090.

In SECC - CDN 8008 is programmed and has an interflow treatment set to go to
X 8208.

In the PBX - 8208 is a 3902 set with FDN and HUNT to 7500 which is your
voicemail and CLS HTA & FNA allowed.

The CDN exists - it goes to the ACD queue and gets answered by the agents.

The SECC is programmed with the same CDN and the interflow treatment is set
to go to the phone X 8208 which then goes to voicemail (7500).

SBC claims that its on the Octel side and Octel claims that its problem with configuration on the PBX side. Got any suggestions since I'm going nowhere, as of now.

I know that with MMail you might have to add the 0800 number in your mailbox as an extention, but I do not know about Octel.
Might help you...

We had this with our Octel. We have xfer mailboxes setup with the same mailbox # as the CDN, because the octel will look at digits dialed (8008) and not the number that it is being xferred to
The xfer mailbox will forward to our actual mailbox (in your case 8208)

not sure if this will work for you.

Feisal

Run a report to see if calls are being answered as ACD (vs. CDN). It may be that the call from the 800 number is not recognized by the SECC and just defaulting.

Try adding SFA to the set with 8208. Not sure about SCCS, but this works great when you need to 'scrub' the original number of that has been answered and xfr'd.
If this works send me an emial: sprinttech@beaurivage.com. I'd like to change a couple of my setups...

We had a similar problem, when our agents were on the line we could not get them calls on they secondary DN. The problem was in the ACD programming of the Queue associated with their set. In the ACD SDNB had to be set to NO, then the calls would go through to voicemail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back