Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Symposium Express 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jma

Technical User
Apr 24, 2001
US
I have been quoted a cost for Symposium from a local nortel vendor - does anyone know where else I may get quotes, I only know of our local guy. Anyone have any contacts they'd be willing to share or info?

Do any current users of that product have any opinions they'd like to voice good or bad regarding that product?
We'll be using it for about 50 people.

Thanks for your input...
JMA

For other contacts, go to and there is a link on that page to help you locate authorized distributors in your area.

Symposium Express is a product for "emerging" call centers -- needing reports, real time displays, and call routing not much more complicated than basic ACD provides. Don't think that you would get all the features of the full Symposium Call Center product.

For what it is, it does a pretty good job. But I install these systems, and all too often people buy it thinking they are getting all the bells and whistles of the full Symposium call center product only at a lesser price.

For what you will need to spend and the size of your call center, however, I would suggest that you look at also buying the "VPS" card to go with a Symposium Express -- it can offer you additional features in the form of menu choices while in queue, expected wait time (additional feature), ability to have a lot of different recordings, etc. If you need more sophisticated routing, consider the full Symposium product.

The tech support model is a nightmare to work with - we must go through our 'channel partner' whose expertise is phone hardware, not software. Even with distinct error codes, tier one support will tell us to reinstall software before we can talk to someone who has access or knowledge of errors and software functionality. It is a frustrating and inefficient support model.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back