Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Symposium Database access 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghsvamp

IS-IT--Management
Aug 1, 2011
US
I am running an older Nortel PBX with CCMS/CCMA combined server. We are trying to connect to the sybase using ODBC drivers to get raw data to make some simple yet informative reports that the real time/historical reports wont' give. I can get into the blue database fine but it has missing info. Does anyone know where the actual raw db data is kept on the server so I can pull it directly from the server itself? I have talked to Avaya/Nortel but they can't seem to locate it either.

Thanks to all who may be able to help.

What's the blue database 'missing info'?
Is it data you would like to see (but does not exist/you can't find)?
Or is it corrupt/not stored data which supposed to be there?

Is the Configuration, Historical Statistics in the CCMA setup correctly so all needed data should be there?

Blue is the default database where all the Nortel databases are kept. I was able to connect and see the databases but they are missing current data. From my understanding the missing data should be there in raw format at least per what I read on the Nortel site but i could be wrong. The CCMA is setup correctly and the data when pulled though the IE version of the reporting system is correct and up to date. The problem is with this data its limited on what you can pull due to the way it was set up back in the day when it was installed.

I'm basically looking for the where the databases get their info ie where the raw data is stored on the server while it's collected from the PBX.

Hopefully Utreg this will clear it up a bit on what I"m looking for. :)

Don't know where raw data is stored and if it can be pulled.
Believe all data should be stored in the blue database?
"The problem is with this data its limited on what you can pull": is that database fields which are missing?
If it just the duration (interval days, daily days, weekly weeks ect.) can be altered via the CCMA Historical Statistics settings

Thanks we have tried alternative dates but per who I'm sending the reports too they want more detailed info and the way it was set up prior it's very vague. Actually working with Avaya now to see why the sybase reports are not working, those at least per the tech are supposed to pull more raw data from the database. HOpefully it can be fixed soon. :) Thanks for the help.

You might want to check the Call-by-Call collection settings in Historical Statistics (CCMA), and be sure it is turned on for the applications in question.

I believe the Historical and Call by Call are two separate databases. If you give access to the historical database, would you have allow a different permission to allow access the Call by Call database?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back