Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Symposium Client Install Problem 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

PBXguyTX

IS-IT--Management
Jan 27, 2004
US
Hey All,

We are running SCCS 4.2 and I have pretty recent PEP CD from Jan 2003 for the client install on to a PC running Win XP but I keep getting an "internal application error ..contact system admin" when ever I try to click on real time statistics.

I tried installing Sybase first, and then installing the client but that didn't work. I've wiped out the harddrive and started fresh with only XP on the box about 5 times now.

Is it possible since the PC is so new with a 3.2 GhZ Intel P4 processor that it just might not work?

Well, I went ahead and figured someone else might want it so we will keep the link up on the WEB for a few days.

***Remember you need to have a clean version of XP on your PC. The update will not work if have already tried to install symposium before or you have other versions of Sybase or Crystal Reporting applications on your P.C. So start with a clean version of XP on your P.C. and no other application software.

First, install the 4.2 client from your CD and then install this PEP. I was previously using PEP NS040107SU09C ending in 09c but this new PEP NS040107SU10C ending in 10c does the trick.

Let me know if it works for you.

Here's the link

This XP box needs a refresh anyways.

Thanks for all the help. I just downloaded it and I will give this a run sometime today.

I just clean installed the OS on one the boxes I was having issues with installed the client and ran the PEP you supplied.

After my first tests, I haven't see the error yet. Looking good!

Question. Can you see real time reports.

---------------------------------
PDulfo aka pdiddy

yes...I can see the real time reports now. Not being able to view the real time reports was the problem. With the PEP installed everything works great.

Bill

Have just installed onto XP. AT LAST....

---------------------------------
PDulfo aka pdiddy

I'd like to ask KenVegas if he ran into any problems installing the client on a Terminal Server. We're having similar problems.

Just got back on line using a temp laptop as several engineers have slowly destroyed mine.
We have actually to issues here (believe it or not !)

XP & P4's

I've found to fix XP use the PEP's above (NS040107SU10C.)
To fix problems with P4's use the latest version of Sybase client (making sure to install it to c:\ASE12CLT) both on the client.

One thing to check as well as real time displays is a niggle with creating agents, it only dislpays 1 digit in the collum, so they could be set to 1,11,12 13 etc.

Now to beat some laptop engineers with a big stick....

I finally got the client installed on XP.
The only thing I am having a problem is with opening my real-time reports. I already installed the NS040107SU10C but still not results. This is the error message I get.
" Unable to register data with statistics data propagator.
Real Time display cannot continue. "
Any suggestions? I am running ver. 4.1.7

PS: I just found this site and its awsome!!!

Hi Igymann, maybe u wanna try with a cross cable and test it again? The last time I have this error, I reboot the server and it is alright. I also have this issue if I tried to access the server via VPN.... maybe you wanna use the cross cable if you have a chance to test if it is due to network blockage.... hopes it help...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back