Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Symposium Client Application Rel. 4.0/4.2 Install Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccastillo

IS-IT--Management
Dec 5, 2001
US
We are trying to install the Symposium application on some PCs and it keeps failing. It states "sybase Failed To Install please remove Sybase and try again". We remove it, try again and it still fails. Does anyone know what causes this? the compatibility check comes up clean but the install still fails.

Are you trying to load on XP machines? You might try installing Sybase separately (look for ASE12CLT folder on the Symposium client CD), then running the Symposium client install. Have also had Sybase failure due to other software apps on the pc.

Thanks, we came to the same conclusion ourselves. First we ran the installation directly from the CD on an XP machine that was completely clean. The ONLY thing it had on it was the O.S. and it still failed. So we then ran the Sybase installation seperately (again from the CD) then we ran the client installation again and it worked!!

So we went to our training lab and tried to install the same way but this time accross the network (since there were several machines to install it on) and Sybase would not install. We then realized that it was looking for a mapped drive. So we mapped a drive to the app server housing the installation exe, ran it again and success!!!

We were then able to create the ODBC connection and connect to it via Crystal reports.

I'm fairly new to Symposium and just recently installed it on a client's PC, when he tries to launch the App he get's a message that states "The database table([NBServices]) contains no records." I tried reinstalling it several times to no avail. I can't for the life of me figure this out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back