Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Symposium Call Force Timer Query

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShaneE

Programmer
Feb 22, 2007
AU
Hi Guys

Just a quick question. We have a customer using symposium express and they wish to change to the call presentation to force the calls to be answered.

We have set the call force timer to 10 seconds in the call presentation calss, but when the call gets to the user it beeps once and answers straight away.

I remember in the past im sure this was all i had to do to get this to work.

Anyone have any thoughts as to why its not answering after 10 seconds, but instead answering pretty much straight away?

Can I just ask why you wish to delay the call delivery by 10 seconds. This seems a very long time and will impact on your answer performance stats. The purpose of the delay timer is to enable any CTI application to refresh an agents screen before presenting the call. If you wish to give an agent a break before receiveing the next call, you should use the BREAK timer.

The 10 seconds is only for testing on one agent, the actual time used will be around the 2 seconds mark.

I have set this up in the past and its worked, just wondering why its answering straight away even when set to 10 seconds.

The timer delays delivery of the call to the agent.

My understanding is the timer is used to delay delivery of a call to the agent so that an associated CTI screen pop would have time to occur before the agent gets the call.

If you are not using CTI, you should not need any delay (set timer to zero).

As we've said, the timer is to delay the presentation of the call until a CTI application has refreshed the agents screen. My guess is that because you have no CTI application, the timer is disabled. You need specific configuration when CTI is present that Symposium would know about, so I would think it is automatically disabled, but this is just a guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back