Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Symposium and GRTD

Status
Not open for further replies.

is2teli

MIS
Mar 7, 2005
US

Do you recommend installing GRTD on symposium server or separate server/pc?

Once installed, is there anything else that needs to be installed on user machines or will they be accessing it via IE w/ server address?

Is there a doc on config/installing GRTD? How many users/connections is recommnended if installed on same symposium server? THanks for the hlep

GRTD is for workstations only, it runs on the local machine.

Try doing a search within this forum on "GRTD", I had a similar issue and I found the solutions here.

Please do NOT try to load GRTD on your Symposium server, or your next concern may be how to reload the server. The documentation can be found in a folder on the GRTD CD.

thanks for advice - have not installed it. Still trying to read more about it and install/config requiremetns.

looking at my list for cp lic and don't seem to be listed. although when i spoke to our rep, he said it was and we have cd that's what made me go looking in the server room.
Is it per connection?

is grtd same is symonview? is there a standard grd that comes w/ symposium that u can install?

GRTD and symonview are different products. You don't need a specific license for it. Honestly, I don't see a lot of sites that actually use it.

sandyml-
no lic for grtd, corrct? my vendor mentioned symonview.thanks.

Symonview used to be included as a "freebie" app in older Symposium software bundles. It was produced by a 3rd party -- Symon -- more or less as a means of inducing customers to purchase their full product. I knew of quite a few customers who got by just fine with that version and never "upgraded." However, nowadays, you need to purchase the full Symon software. You can go directly to Symon, or through your PBX vendor, who can coordinate everything into one quote. What version of Symposium do you have?

We actually use both in our call center. Each has it's benefits.
We have symonview running in a batch file that forces it to always be on top. The agents have it down on the lower corner of their screen and can always see it.

GRTD has an alert feature that you can have a system beep, icon flash, etc when certain thresholds are met. Our reps have the beep option set, when they get over a set number of calls in queue everyone starts beeping. Kind of a all hands on deck alert to everyone.

And, since you have 5.0, have you considered the Web Client, along with the Agent Desktop Displays?

We have GRTD on about 30 machines, on the end of each bank of desks.
It's so vital to the business that without it, the server crashes, the phones die, all calls stop, all credit card details are mailed to china, the building burns down and a giant metorite slams into South America wiping out 20 million people. Oh hold no it doesn't! So why do all the mangers run around like headless chickens when one of then locks up (reboot moron!). I forgot, that have no other purpose in life than to look at stats all day long.

So cynical, so far from retirement
Stu

Only the truly stupid believe they know everything.
Stu.. 2004

sandyml - what's involved into getting WebClient? Separate server - more software i need to buy?
StuReeves-you hit the nail!

If i remember correctly GRTD has a limitation the same as the Symposium Server. There is a limit to the number of simultaneous client sessions that can be running. In fact, I think they both draw from the same pool. It is a benefit to small Call Centers to replace the functionality of needing a readerboard or AWC/DWC key.

I wouldn't suggest using it on a large scale for agents.

StuReeves (MIS) 20 Jul 05 12:19
>We have GRTD on about 30 machines, on the end of each >bank of desks.
>It's so vital to the business that without it, the server >crashes, the phones die, all calls stop, all credit card >details are mailed to china, the building burns down and >a giant metorite slams into South America wiping out 20 >million people. Oh hold no it doesn't! So why do all the >mangers run around like headless chickens when one of >then locks up (reboot moron!). I forgot, that have no >other purpose in life than to look at stats all day long.
>So cynical, so far from retirement
>Stu

Hey- have you been peeking in the windows at our call center?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back