Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Symposium 5.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draxis

MIS
Mar 10, 2003
US
Last week, I recieved a copy of Symposium 4.2 to 5.0 upgrade software along with keycodes for my switch directly from Nortel, not from my vendor. Now, I knew Nortel was coming out with new Symposium software, but two things are bugging me. One, I never ordered this. They just sent it to me. Two, I can't find anything other than a small press release on Nortel's website regarding Symposium 5.0.

Any thoughts on any of this?

How long ago did you purchase Symposium 4.2? If fairly recently, it is possible that you qualified for the upgrade program and that the software was shipped directly to you and not to your vendor. Have been installing Symposium 5.0 for several months now; there is quite a bit of documentation available. What release is your PBX?

We purchased it about 6-8 months ago. I forget exactly when. Can you link me to some Nortel documentation? I still only see 4.2 listed on their website.

Is this the full Symposium or SECC that is up to v5?

We received our upgrade to 5.0 recently also. When I asked our vendor about it, she said it was included when we purchased our Symposium system in December. She "registered" us for it when she ordered our Symposium system. Nortel sent it directly to us. She was not informed when it was shipped. We are waiting til for a newer release due out November to upgrade. It has some features we are looking for that are included in that release. Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back