Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Symposium 5.0 to CCMA/CCMS 6.0 cut over

Status
Not open for further replies.

4wireguy

Technical User
Jan 31, 2008
US
This a server swap - System is MGC with CPPM call server and signaling server at 5.5. This is a Co-resident CCMS/CCMA (so license and utility server installed - no replication). Call Pilot is 4.0. I will be taking out the SCCS server and replacing with the 'new' CC6 server. The call server, signaling server and MGC have the latest patchs. The CC6 server(s) is happy, patched, and the customer data base restored to it. What are the step to perform the swap successfully and with a minimum of hitches? I know I will need to restore a later copy of the data base after it is up and running. I have heard it is tricky to activate the Master script. Thanks so much for your help.

Is this a Migration from SCCS5.0 to CC6.0? and not a new install. Migration, you only have one restore. Cut-over, shut off the old server unplug all cables. Plug all cables to new server and turn it on. As far as activating master script, you might want to post it in Symposium call center solution.

Do you use webclient 4.5 on the sccs 5.0 now? Is is cores?

I've upgraded a few of these and the Nortel docs are pretty good. I had to use a couple of different procedures for setting the new server. It's really to much to mention here.
I restored my new server in the office and restored again on the night of the cut with no problem.

Research the doc's for the migration/upgrade.

i've only done this twice and had zero hitches getting the master to fire.. i did deacquire all cdn's and sets, then when i powered up the new box est the link and did the aquire.. as soon as that happened i could log in and take calls.

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

First off, thanks to you both. I will get a PC or two configured correctly prior to cut time; back up SCCS; power it down; install the new CC6 server; power it up; access CC6 via browser; activate the Master script and test. If it fails I have a 6 hour Nrius ticket created (the Nortel engineer will remote in to give it his blessing). I see that I should have posted it to SCCS. Thanks.

John... see you on here a lot and must say, quite impressed with the help you provide. Its fun, isn't it. There is a twist to this install, my jaw hit the desk top... there isn't a single PC running the fat client on SCCS. I don't know of a way to deaquire sets/cdns at the server (do you?). I wonder if I should build a client PC? NTPs say(zzzzzzzz) associated supervisors should be removed prior, since once 'migrated' they might not be able to be removed ever. I have done the IE changes, but have not had to work with access and partitioning before, so that will be interesting. Do you think I should boot CP after CCMS (et al)is up? Access ports?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back