Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Symposium 5.0 & Symonview 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrf150

Technical User
Jun 26, 2003
US
Does any one know if Symonview 3.1 is compatible with Symposium 5.0? I know how to make symonview work in windows XP but I do not know if I have to go with either the new symon or the ADD.
In addition could anyone explain what is needed to use ADD does it need a separate server like the web client or is it deployed from symposium? Any help would be greatly appreciated as we are at the mercy of Nortel and our vendor as we have to do an immediate upgrade to 5.0 and don't want to be hustled into buying more than we need.

mrf150,

1. I'm not sure about symonview compatibility with sccs 5.0 but you can check out this link for all the compatible products with symposium (I notice the list has symonview product inside, but not sure about the version)

2. As far as I know, you need Symposium Web Client for ADD. In fact, you need to have the multicast enabled on SCCS and SWC and make sure that SWC get the multicast data from SCCS. You will then need to configure the ADD Parameter configuration on the SWC Server. Lastly, the ADD also use multicast communication method to get data from SWC.

Good luck with your SCCS upgrade :)

ErwinStevanus is right - ADD is part of the Symposium Web Client, not a separate thing.

Hello, I'm curious to know how you were able to get Symonview to work with XP. Thanks

To get the old symonview to work in XP you install as normal but choose software comapatibility mode and install as NT4.0 and it works .

If you go with Symposium Web Client 4.5 with SU03 it is not neccessary to use AD. Instead you use a Windows 2003 server with ADAM. This works much better for those companies that are struggling with what to do with AD.

Thanks nortelbetasite for the info but I'm not familar with the acronym ADAM could you expand upon that a little . I'm assuming this will give me Q statistics as that's all we basically need . ie: # of callers , time in Q and what skillset they are waiting in.

mrf150,

I think nortelbetasite refers to the AD (Active Directory) as one of the SWC Server Requirements rather that the ADD (Agent Desktop Display) application.

FYI, the SWC 4.5 pre SU03 requires you to install Active Directory. However, most of the customers do not like to have a separate domain controller in their network. Thus, nortel has released SU03 to enable SWC 4.5 to be installed on Windows 2003 Server with ADAM (Active Directory Application Mode) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back