Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Symposium 5.0 Route Call Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pbxpoweruser

IS-IT--Management
Jul 16, 2007
CA
Hello all,
I am having an issue with route call statements in Symposium 5.0. I have built a menu in CallPilot which has option 5 pointing to a CDN acquired by Symposium. In my script I have a "route to" command pointing to a variable and in the variable a local number is entered. When i dial this from the outside and press 5 from the menu, I get a message from callpilot saying that "You have been forwarded to a voicemail system however the person at 91234567 does not subscribe" It only gives the first 8 digits of the number and never routes it anywhere... It is as if the CallPilot is doing a supervised transfer...

If however i set option 5 in the callpilot menu to point directly to the local number it works fine... any ideas?

Did you set your master script to point your CDN's to the appropriate script?

Are you sure your CDN's are acquired?

If you call the CDN pointing to your Symposium script are you successfully routed to the number?

Just a few idea's to get started.

Yes the Where CDN Equals in master script points towards the correct Application

Yes the CDN is acquired

If I call the CDN internally it works fine, when I call it from the outside it does not work...

You know you are setting up a potential abuse problem...

Typically, when I route to a call off switch, the switch programmer will set up a phantom DN for me. That way he can take care of any outside access issues and make sure that only calls routed by my script are sent to the outside number.

Milesprower I am not sure I agree, It depends on how many people have access to change variables in Symposium. People who have access to the PBX can just as easily change the DCFW of your phantom DN to another number just as easily as changing the number in the variable in symposium. It is all about controlling access to both symposium and the PBX to limit potentially fraud...

Try adding the access code of your outbound route in front of the number. I had a similar problem with my Symposium, this was my way of getting around the problem.

change the NCOS of the incomming trunk...its not working externally because the inbound trunk ncos is to low to allow it access to the outbound trunks

If you're using BARS go go out, then the trunks must have an NCOS high enough to access the RLI to leave the PBX.

check the variable type to make sure its a DN variable and that its a global variable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back