Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Symposium 5.0 Classic Client & Windows 7 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeanvaljean

Vendor
Sep 20, 2008
US
1. Does anyone know if the Classic Client for Symposium 5.0 can be used with Windows 7?

2. Are there any problems using the web client with windows 7??

Valjean

I doubt if classic client will work with Windows 7. Development on this application actually ended at Release 4, with only some patches and an XP compatibility update issued with Release 5. CCMA (web server) architecture has long since replaced the classic client.

Thanks for the input, I think you're right, I cannot even get the classic client to load on Win7. It just disappears when I try.

I have, with some help, got the Web Srvr to again provide real time displays so we're back to that at this time although sometimes the displays just revert to zeroes for a while and then they may or may not come back. I think this is probably a network traffic problem.

MS

Valjean

We have 5.0 running on some Windows 7 machines, but the process was not documented. In trying install it on another W7 machine,the installer is running in the background and hangs...

Any ideas on how to workaround this?

Rhonda

to Rhonda58, is it Symposium Call Center 5.0 that you refer to, and are you using the Classic Client (fat client) or the Web Client via Internet Explorer?

We cannot get the classic client to even load using Windows 7, it seems to just doesn't do anything.

Valjean

You can Virtualize the fat client an de ie6 to use the cc5.

Sorry, don't understand the abbreviation: ...virtulize the fat client and "de ie6" (???) to use the cc5. thanks,

Valjean

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back