Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Symposium 5.0 and the standby option

Status
Not open for further replies.

dangerboy

IS-IT--Management
May 13, 2004
CA
I am wondering if anybody out there has had direct experience with the so called standby option of SCCS 5.0. In a failure situation with an Active SCCS Server, the standby SCCS server needs to have its IP Address/Host name set to the IP Address/Hostname of what was the Active SCCS Server. Typically how long elapses between the failure occurring until the Standby SCCS server is up and running as the Active SCCS 5.0 Server. I know the docs say about 15 mins but my guess is that its much longer than that.

With what I have read on the 'failover' solution for S5 I would of hoped for a lot better than 15mins.

For s4.2 I have a manual system in place. IE a server configured up that just requires disk from the mirrored set to be slammed in. I recon, that if there are techies on site at the time It should take about 5 mins to bring the standby up.

---------------------------------
PDulfo aka pdiddy

I think what takes so long is the running of the Replication Server Management Utility. And note that this 15 mins includes the time it takes to notice there is a problem, the time it takes to decide to fail over the Active SCCS server to the Standby SCCS server (its all of nothing on the SCCS Servers folks), the time it takes to dispatch a techie to be onsite at the SCCS Servers, etc etc. Thats why I suspect, from a practical point of view, is that the Contact Center will be down longer than 15 minutes..:-(

And to make matters even worse, the standby server needs to be re booted not once, not twice but three (yes three) times before it can start to take live calls. And this is nortels state of the art 5.0 standby option.. :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back