Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Symposium 4.2 abandoned calls issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

nemesis51

MIS
Mar 30, 2005
CA
I have Symposium 4.2 (not Express). I use the Syntax after queue to skillset command, "Give IVR ... with treatment.." in a script to give a voice service menu within Meridian mail to give options to an inbound caller. If the caller chooses the option (3) to remain in the queue, it silent disconnects and stays in queue, but the real-time reports show the call as an abandoned call as well as a terminated call..Is there a Symposium Server Patch or syntax that fixes this issue..

check your call by call data, should give a clearer view on this problem. Also check the voice form in MM, go to bottom and look at what the options are ie "RP repeat menu choices"....

Did you ever this about changing over VPM, voice prompt editor, via Access link using voice ports on MM? Sorts out a lot of issues for reporting!!! The call stays in symposium then, this means you can tag the call better

Cheers,

Killian,

NextiraOne Ireland

What does option 3 do in your Menu? How is it hard coded?

Option 3 is using the DS code in Voice Menu Services to silent disconnect and go back into Queue.

Can you use the Route call command in the script to goto a phantom TN or Virtual TN then to Voice service DN to Menu then disconnect back to Queue. It seems that I can use this as workaround to show the call as terminated but I'd rather not see this...

Here is an example of syntax:
GIVE IVR 3650 WITH TREATMENT 1100 - creates abandoned call
QUEUE TO SKILLSET TEST_sk
WAIT 2
GIVE RAN 2
GIVE MUSIC music_route

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back