Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Symp Client 3 & DMI

Status
Not open for further replies.

allywilson

Technical User
Nov 27, 2002
GB
Whilst trying to install Symposium client 3 it advises I need to install Intel's DMI 2.0. Whilst it does this, it crashes out (Can't seem to get the error, it hides behind the main one (ALT+TAB doesn't bring it out, neither does minimising anything else).

I get this error on every workstation I try to install it on (NT, 2K & XP) as administrator of the machine or the domain, even just as a user with install priviledges.

Has anyone got any suggestions on how to get around this?

Cheers,

Ally

Try installing on a W98 PC, I don't believe 3.0 was supported with W2K, definately not XP. 3.0 had a seperate client for NT 4.0

Unfortunately I don't have access to a Win98 PC. I do have it running on NT & 2K however, but I wasn't the person who installed it, and the people who did have now left the company.

I have access to 4.00 but it won't install either (and doesn't seem to be installed on any workstations on-site). I'd rather keep on with v3 just now, as I know it definitely works on-site.

Was able to get this resolved by installing Sybase eventually. Was an absolute pain.

Have you tried to install this using the compatibilty mode in the Microsoft Operating system. Click the setup.exe file from Start run Command. then right click and select properties then select compatibilty mode for Win98. I'm not sure if this will work, but it's worth a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back