Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Symbols in Monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtbiker

MIS
Aug 23, 2001
US
Question if anyone out their can tell me what the symbols mean as displayed in Monitor next to the version ID at the top of the window.

I have three servers next to each other that do NOT display these symbols, and I have 2 servers at remote locations via a LAN connection which DO have these symbols. Their must be some kind of key code because I notice that the symbols stay the same even after reboot and one of my remote servers has two symbols the other has three. The server with three has the same two from the other server.
Anyone know?

I had the same situation a few months ago and the issue was related to some NLM versions not being compatible with others, although I do not remember which NLMs. I would compare the versions of your NLMs between the servers that have the problem and those that don't. Either way, it never caused any troubles on our server but I am glad to have it corrected. Good luck and I hope I have helped.

Well it seemed to appaer on my netware servers, after installing Sp4 for Netware 5.1 and it didnt happen right away but it eventually appeared. there was a TID on novells website i think that basically said it was only a cosmetic error and that the devolopement team had been notified but it didnt cause any known issues.

hope that helps =)

MTFBWY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back