Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Symbol PPT 2700 program needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

claremont99

IS-IT--Management
Feb 19, 2004
US
We are in need barcode scanning & signature capture program that runs on the Symbol PPT 2700. Win CE.

Can anyone help or recommend someone to write this program?

Details of what I need are in the program below.

Thanks.....

DC

1. Scan invoice with barcode on it.

2. Symbol device prompts customer for signature. Customer signs and presses ok.
3. Symbol device stores signature as barcode#.bmp or barcode#.jpg in Pocket Access database on Symbol 2700.

4. Driver returns to warehouse and syncs Symbol device with MS active sync.
5. Custom desktop app moves signature files from Symbol 2700 pocket access database to local drive(or mapped drive or ftp). App will also need to create barcode#.ok file for each file that it successfully removes from Symbol 2700 pocket access database.

6. Also need the ability to scan multiple barcodes/invoices and only have customer only sign once. This is for when there are 1 or more orders being delivered to one location.

Hi

Did you sort this - I need a similar app?

Regards

Chris

Oh dear - that is nt good news - I have 20 PPT2700 here for POD capture and having real problems finding a platform to develop the app on. I thought they'd have Pocket Access on!!!!

We run pocket access on ours. You need to update the Win CE OS on or install the option.

Sorry to bother you about this...but

I have active sync but where do you get the Win CE OS or wher eis the option? Sorry to sound stupid

In active sync goto tools and add then options. Under the sync tab you should see a list of options.

HI

Pocket Access is there - but no tick box next to it!

From what I understand Pocket Access does not have a front end. You have to write it VBE. Visual Basic Embedded Its free. Then you have to get the 10ea ADO .dll files loaded and on and on.
I did that and had to download tons of files to the unit.
When the battery goes dead you have to reload everything.
This took 15-20 minutes on a serial port connection.

Then you can't get at the Barcode Scanner without an SDK.
Email me direct I have a lot of files
It worked but....

dposton@barcodeone.com

DougP, MCP, A+

Ok thanks for your help - i think I have solved the problem - VisualCE do a program that can be loaded onto the 2700...hooray

Hope it works

Thanks

Hi

If you need help - let me know - I have my app working well and your would be a breeze to do.....except MAYBE point 6

Chris

Chris.

Interested in your app adn how you designed it. Can we talk more about it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back