Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Symantec wont install...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ross1811

MIS
Oct 1, 2004
US
Hi Everyone,

I uninstalled symantec because it was not updating its definitions and not showing up in my Symantecs console. I tried to reinstall it from the computer with the setup.exe and it goes through the install to where it extracted the folders and put icons placing but right at the end about 95% of it being done it "rolls back" and uninstalls it. Nothing is put in the eventviewer of why --> except it telling that the product failed, is there another place to look? The other weird thing is that it has parts of live update in the all users application data symantec folder. Does anyone know how to fix it. I did the uninstall from the add/remove programs along with live update,

Please HELP,

Thanks,
Ross

We had the same problem before on some harderned servers.

Our solution was to found a NAV source which is already extracted, i.e. not the "Setup.exe" version.

But so far we can only found verson 7.6 that is already extracted.

Go to Symantec's enterprise support site, select the knowledge base, and look up 'manually uninstall' for SAV v9.0. Follow the steps given very carefully, restart the computer, and re-install.

You're not alone in this problem. Check Symantec's Knowledge Base for document ID 2002092715192848. This has fixed all but one of my installations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back