Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Symantec won't exclude a file after startup - simple question

Status
Not open for further replies.

pooqie

Technical User
Jul 14, 2007
CA
I have Symantec AntiVirus version 10.1.5.5000 installed. Even though I've told it to exclude a specific file that isn't harmful, Symantec always catches it on Startup instead of just ignoring it. How do I permanently get my AntiVirus program to ignore this ''threat''? I know this is such a simple question, with probably an even simpler answer, so I apologize if I seem like a simpleton lol. Please inform me! Thankyou! :)

- Kate

Try creating a folder, placing the file in there, and excluding that folder. Then, when you have another file that is seen as a "threat", you can place that in the folder as well and you don't have to worry about adjusting the exclusion list every time. Here is a tip: it is easier to put things in groups and exclude those.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back