Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Symantec System Center Console Security Risk Exception List

Status
Not open for further replies.

JTam123

IS-IT--Management
Jan 15, 2008
US
I am trying to add a program called Angy IP Scanner into the Security Risk Exception list for Symantec 10 but when I go to the list in both the global exception list and the server exception list, the list populates however the slider bars do not slide and no threats can be selected. The entire window is grayed out. Does anyone know how to enable this window?

It's not that its disabled. It has alawys been very buggy.
What version of 10 are you running?

I'm using 10.1.7 now, and I found that if I don't touch it while its populating and just leave it alone, it eventually (sometimes at least) turns white and then you can select your exclusions.

Currently I am running 10.1.5.5000. Several times I have let the list populate but am never able to do anything with the window. Is the 10.1.7 version a downloadable patch?

It never turns white?

Try it once more if you didn't already and just open it and leave it alone for a while and see if it turns white.

I don't think you can download a patch, but I'm sure you could download the complete file and upgrade. Make sure you confirm with support if you are able to.

The one workaround I used to use when I couldn't get exclusions to work was just to exclude the files and folders that the program uses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back