Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Symantec Raptor Firewall 6.0.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

digitron

Technical User
Jul 18, 2003
US
I'm getting the following error in the logs when the firewall starts. What is this error and how can I correct it. We're down. Thanks for any help.

PID: 122 Message Number: 610 Internal error: Failed to log into the ISAKMP engine: General Entrust error : (-790)

Digitron

Digitron,

We are have the same problem. The error appeared over the weekend of 14 Sept 2003. The error in the log files is: Internal error: Failed to log into the ISAKMP engine: General Entrust Error: (-790). We are running Raptor 6.0.2. We are unable to establish our VPN connection with the other offices. The VPN was working correctly on 12 Sept 2003.

We are seeing this error on both of our Raptor firewalls. I did see a mention of the error on the Symantec web site for version 7.0, Document ID:2001080807191452, but we do not have the isakmp.ckl file

nagaf

Nagaf,

Thank you for the response Nagaf. After a 32 hour session at work we figured out what the problem is. Raptor firewall version 6.0 and 6.5 have a file in them with an experation date of Sept 2003. When this file dies so does your firewall. There is no fix and Symantec is not writing a hotfix for it. The only solution is to upgrade to 7.0. The upgrade is fairly painless just make sure your Internet Explorer is 5.0 or higher, your MMC is 1.2 or higher and download the hotfixes for 7.0 from Symantec. The old config for tunnels carried over fairly well other than a few problems, I recommend if you can upgrade from 6.0 to 6.5 to 7.0. Also before you start back up the SG and etc directories.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back