Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Symantec Mail Security Event Log Error Uint32 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

MRoberto

IS-IT--Management
May 9, 2005
US
Hello,

in symantec mail security version 5.0.3 and recently upgraded to the newest version of 5.0.4, in the monitors section, in the event log I am getting an error as of yesterday. The error reads:

Title: An Error Occurred
Desc: Unknown Error. Value was either too large or too small for Uint32.

Symantec does not know what is causing this. I have re-started all services, uninstalled the program, re-installed it, ran all updates.

Symantec says it is something wrong with our exchange server, but I have no idea what it could be. Anyone have any ideas what to look at or check out? Googling Uint32 just returns a whole lot of programming code with no real help. The symantec event log seems to pull info from the windows event viewer, which is displaying normally. I have purged and cleared out all the event logs, and that still didnt work.

help??!!

I am getting the same - anybody figure out the problem?

I think I fixed it by purging the event logs on the exchange server.

however at the time I also uninstalled v5.0.3 and installed 5.0.4 of mail security, but I remeber purging the logs again.

Basically after a lot of phone calls with Vishnu from symantec, they decided something got corrupt in the event log and SMSMSE didnt know what to do with it.

Backup all your app, sys, sec event logs then delete them all on the exchange server.

if that doesnt do it right away, try stopping SMSMSE services and restart program. Or a reboot of exchange server.

That may do the trick.

Thanks! - That fixed my problem. I wish the error was just a little more descriptive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back