Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Symantec Mail Security behind ISA and can't get out 8081 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ftoddt

Technical User
Apr 26, 2003
US
Before I configured my exhange server behind the ISA server, I was able to Open my Symantec Mail Security for Exchange. Since putting it behind the ISA, I get an internet explorer "page cannot be found" with a and a "Connection refused Internet Security and Acceleration Server".
Not sure what I need to do to make it work?
Thanks
Todd

If I understand this correctly, are you trying to access the server from outside the local network
Exchange--ISA--internet--You

If you are, you need to publish your server:
Servers and Arrays, Publishing, Server Publishing

No, Iam Sorry I am not so clear. I have an exchange server when first configured with a dual nic. One LAN and one WAN. All incoming came in thru an unprotected WAN directly connected to the router and outgoing thru the LAN to an ISA server to the router. Under the above configuration, Microsoft Mail Security for Exchange worked perfectly but as you can see a much too risky configuration.
So I eliminated the WAN Nic card and published the Exchange Server entirely behind the ISA server. Ever since doing that the Microsoft Mail Security for Exchange Manager will not come up when I try to open it. All I get is "page cannot be found" with a and a "Connection refused Internet Security and Acceleration Server". It is still working because it has been informing me of viruses that cannot be cleaned with Mail to Mail messages..
So I figure that the ISA is stopping me somehow.
Hope this better explains my problem.
Todd

Todd,

You need to go into Internet Options - Connections - Advanced on your client, make sure the Bypass proxy for locan servers is checked, and add the name of your server into the Exceptions box.

Thank Goodness you are a busy fellow this morning. I had done the bypass proxy server checkmark but had not added it into the Exceptions Box.
Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back