Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Symantec Live Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikesmith20055002

IS-IT--Management
Jan 30, 2006
US
I have a Windows 2000 server with Symantec Anti-virus corporate edition version 9.0 . I can click Live Update and it updates (downloads, I can see that). But the dates of the virus definition file never change. How can I fix this? I have attempted to click Live Update again to see if it needs further updating and it says it is up to date. How can I fix this? I have scanned throughly and have no viruses.

What date are your virus definitions saying they are. Maybe they are up to date?

Michael

I had been faced with similar problem but that was v10.The setup was the primary server on one of the domain controllers and the other dc as another server and a file server.I tried suggestions by Symantec which did not work but I shut down all the three at the weekend where there was no user and started the system in the following
1.Start the primary then after logon, start the second dc and finally start the fileserver and it worked for me.The reason, I personally did not understand.I did all that you said but did not resolve the issue so try my method-There is no harm in trying

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back