Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Symantec Human Tech Support 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

retiring

MIS
Jul 3, 2002
US
Can anyone tell me how to reach norton tech spport by phone? I recently bought norton 360 on a cd. The cd will not install. Upon loading the drive ckicks twice then stops. I have cleaned the drive and all the products I have used since work fine. All their online support assumes I want a refund which requires a mass of supporting documents. I jusr want a cd that works.

Thamks for any help povided.

customer care is 1-800-721-3934

xit

Also got a subscriber MichaelYork who purports to be a Symantec support tech. You can find him on the Symantec/Norton Antivirus Forum, i.e., Thread 742-1534041--The Bug Guy

Thank you for your help. It is greatly appreciated.

Hi retiring,

This is Mike from the Norton Authorized Support Team.

The first thing I would suggest that you try is to see if the Norton 360 3 CD will load on another computer. If it does, that indicates a problem with your optical drive.

The other possibility is that you may have inadvertently purchased the DVD and your drive does not support DVD's or is having a problem. If this is the case, I would suggest that you return the software to the store where you purchased it for an exchange.

Another way to get Norton 360 installed is to download the latest installer.

1. Make note of the Activation Key on the CD jacket that came with Norton 360, click on the link below and select the "Download" button next to Norton 360 to download the latest installer.

Re-download Norton 360 installer

2. When the installation is complete, open Norton 360, mouse-over the "PC Security" bubble and choose "Check for Updates.

3. When the updates have been installed, restart your computer and then run a "Comprehensive Scan" with Norton 360.

Thanks,
Mike

Michael York
Norton Authorized Support Team
Symantec Corporation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back