Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Symantec Ghost - Problems imaging compaq 6715B laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

TFK

IS-IT--Management
Dec 9, 2003
US
Hey everyone,

I just got a call from a co-worker who is pulling his hair out because he has to image a ton of Compaq 6715B laptops using Symantec Ghost, but he is running into problems. He says Ghost starts up, but freezes almost immediately.

He is dropping off the laptop and ghost server to me to work on over the weekend, but I'm hoping someone here can point me in the right direction before I get started since I don't want to waste my weekend away trying to get this to work.

I beleive the server has Ghost 8 on it. Like I said, I don't have thr equipment with me yet, so that is all the info I have. I'm guessing it's a switch problem, as using the -fni and -noide switches has helped me in the past.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

TFK

If those are SATA drives, you may have to go into the BIOS and set the drive for a 'compatibility' or 'native' mode. After imaging, set it back.

"We must fall back upon the old axiom that when all other contingencies fail, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes

Thanks, I'll try that tonight.

Anyone have any other suggestions?

TFK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back