Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Symantec Endpoint Protection - DHCP Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

wtpm01

MIS
Sep 29, 2008
US
Hello, I am hoping someone has seen this before and can give me insight on a problem Symantec Endpoint Protection (Version 11.0.2020.56) is causing on a sbs 2003. The problem is whenever Proactive Threat Protection and/or Network Threat Protection are turned on, it prevents clients from gaining a DHCP address or even a connection to the server.

We have looked to see if there was a way to indicate specific services provided by the server were to be allowed (ignored) through Symantec End Protection, but so far have not found it.

Can someone give me some insight into this matter. Thanks.

I found part of my answer. There is a white paper (Symantec Endpoint Protection 11.0 Best Practices White Paper) that has phases. Phase 3 gives the steps to resolve this matter, only part of the information that is to be in the downloaded zip file is not there. The firewall policy (steps 6 - 10) is not in the zip file as described by Symantec. Contacting Symantec to find out why.

upgrade to 11.0.4000.2295 asap
a lot of problems have been ironed out

I do believe somewhere in the white papers it recommends to *not* run Proactive Threat Protection or Network Threat Protection on servers... or at least it used to.

Upgrading to 11.0.4202.75 was necessary on our new Windows 2008 standard 64 bit server to resolve the blocked connections issue. We had .4000.2295 but that didn't do the trick. The connnections would work for up to an hour and then prevent any further connections or reconnections until we restarted the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back