Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Symantec BE System Recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.

rpaverd

IS-IT--Management
Nov 13, 2002
US
Has anyone actually managed to restore a system to a bare metal server successfully with this product.

I have a client with a Dell server who would like to restore to a separate Dell server. Recovery Points are performed to a USB drive without any problems, but when the restore server is booted up under BE System Restore, the first partition to come up (as Disk 1) is the USB drive and when I the try to restore any of the partitions it comes up with an Error EC950006: The destination is not valid ions

Extremely annoying.... has anyone haad any success at all with this? Would appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks

Sound like you need to load SCSI drivers/raid drivers during the boot off the cd to see the hardware to restore to. During the bare metal restore process are you loading these?

Thanks Steve,

I will try loading the Maxtor SCSI driver - no RAID on the restore server.

I can, however, see the various partitions on the hard drive that I am trying to restore to, so I am not convinced necessarily that this is the issue...

Will let you know of the outcome.

Thanks

Richard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back