Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Symantec A/V Corporate 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

TSSTechie

Technical User
May 21, 2003
GB
Howdy peeps

I've been trying to figure this one out for ages, done loads of searches (both on Symantec's website and google) but it still don't work.

I'm trying to get external programs (download manager, MSN Messenger, etc) to scan recieved files. The programs have a field for a command line to run the scan but what do I put in there ?? I've tried the path to each of the executables in the Symantec folder but, at best, the Symantec console launches as though i'd double-clicked the shield.

Any body any ideas on this ??

Thanks in anticipation

TSSTechie

[lightsaber] May The Force Be With You [trooper] [yoda]

There should be no need -- RTVScan.exe will scan each download when it's written to disk, and/or when executed.

That's what "real time" scanning is all about -- not requiring applications (or end-users) to be aware of scanning practices.

Frankly, I don't know what anyone would use those kinds of "download-then shell/launch" would be used for.

15 Years ago, the practice you're describing made sense -- but that was a long time ago..

Best,
-- Scott.

Howdy

Cheers for that. Good point.

I'll just ignore those options then

Thanks again

TSSTechie

[lightsaber] May The Force Be With You [trooper] [yoda]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor