Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SYCCACC is Missing

Status
Not open for further replies.

tdanley

IS-IT--Management
Nov 29, 2007
US
We had our software instatlled on an old NT Server. We took the server off our network, and now we can't use the SBT software. We only use it occasionally for historial records but we still need to be able to get to it. So I copied all the files from the PRO50 to the CFOs HD. But i get the error SYCCACC is Missing. I deleted the memory files. I read that I need to change where the DBF points but I don't know how to do that. Can someone help?

Thanks.

You said SBT 5.0

Try opening these files and modify those fields where you look a path:

1. SYDATA.DBF
2. SYCPATH.DBF
3. SYCINST.DBF
4. SYCDATA.DBF

Delete all .MEM files (again)

Hope it helps you.

BrianoNur
Accpac Accounting System Support

How do I open those files?? I'm very new to all this. When I logged in as ADMIN i could see the paths were pointing to the wrong place but it wouldn't let me in SBT change that.

Tandley,

I was assuming you were VFP programmer.

1)By using VFP. Open every of these tables a mentioned before and replace fields where you see paths.

For example: SYSCPATH.BF has 2 fields: CDOSDBF and CDOSNDX
wheret you have to replace one by one, table by table.

SYCDATA.DBF has 3 fields that must be replaced as well.

2) There is no way to change them using SBT. SBT will allow you to change the path per application. But other tables (SYCDATA, SYCPATH) will not be updated.

If you are not VFP programmer, I suggest you to ask for professional help. It will take 20 minutes to get them updated.

Hope it helps you.
BrianoNur

Go to SM - Maintain - Companies -

You should be able to replace them when you log in as ADMIN.

Try this:
Enter to SBT

If you can not, the other way is

Another Option:
Map a drive in the CFOs HD sames as the old server. For example g: drive.

This will fix your problem.

Edgar
IBS

I had a similar problem with mine on sbt 5.0i

The problem i was having was with my network drive, somehow another network drive letter kept coming up and blocking me out of sbt bringing up the same message you are having.

I just disconnected that drive and connected back to the old drive letter i was using in my case is G

and voila its fixed

basically the same thing as edgar said

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back