Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sybase 6 service can't start

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shasha19

Systems Engineer
Nov 21, 2019
SG
I have been assigned to rebuild the old application which is in pb6..i have pb6 and sybase 6 installation files..when i try to start the service in sybase central error is as follows "the requested access to the service control manager is denied sybase 6",,please help me to solve this..please help me with pb and sybase6 installation file..if can

By 'sybase 6' are you talking about Adaptive Server Anywhere 6 (also known as SQL Anywhere)?

Sybase Central is written in Java and therefore is a piece of crap. It may not work on newer versions of Windows. I would try running it as administrator to see if that helps.

It isn't necessary to run the database as a service, it will start when the PowerBuilder IDE or the application first connects.

What version of Windows are you on? PB6 was only supported on Windows 95 & NT.

Is there a possibility of upgrading PowerBuilder and the database to current versions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back