Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sybase 11.9.2 Stored Proc Error through a DSN 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeteytheSnake

Programmer
Mar 13, 2002
US
I am running reports on an NT box using the provided Sybase 10 drivers in CR 8.5. They seem to work fine against the 11.9.2 Sybase database I am running. Recently I created a System DSN using the Sybase 11 drivers. If I try to run the same report using the DSN I get an error about "Optional feature not implemented. Error in Parameter (1)"

I downloaded and installed a fix from Sybase, which did nothing to fix the issue.

I tried to use the Sybase 10 Drivers from CR 8.5 and I get licensing errors. (Merant blah blah....)

I am now working on getting the Sybase 12 drivers to try again.

Anyone have a similar issue? How did you fix it?

Thanks,

PTS

Hi,

They are 2 articles about this on Crystal decisions website.

The second one seems to be exactly what you're looking for.
They say that you have to download the file "EBF8513.zip" from the Sybase web site. If it's the fix you tried, then try looking at the first KB article.

Since i don't use Sybase, i can't be of anymore help.

HTH,
Martin

I currently use an old ver 8.0.??? Crystal native driver to connect to our Sybase 11.9 server. I never could get the ODBC connections to work correctly (esp with SP's) and the newer versions of the Crystal native drivers caused all sorts of problems when dealing with stored procedures, especially stored procedures with datetime parameters.

Good luck

Lisa

We installed Open Client on the CE server and it allowed us to execute sp's just fine. We only have problems when trying to use a System DSN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back