Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

sx801c.ini file was not found!

Status
Not open for further replies.

neodata

IS-IT--Management
Aug 29, 2003
US
I've installed Phone Manager Pro 3.0.16 on a new laptop running Windows XP SP2! Phone Manager pro worked properly including accessing voicemail. The following day when the user attempted to access voicemail they got the following error. "sx801c.ini file was not found". I verify that in fact the file does exist in the Program Files/Avaya/IP Office/Phone Manager directory! I've uninstalled/reinstalled Phone Manager pro several time but we continue to get the same error. Does anyone have an idea how to fix this problem?

You might try uninstalling this version and installing a different one; I would recommend v. 3.1.13 (found on the IPO User 3.1.15 disk).

I had all kinds of issues with Phone Manager 3.0, on both Win2k and XP, but 3.1 seems to work well with those OS'es.

Here's a direct link to the Avaya d/l page for User 3.1.15:

Hope that helps.

I assume I will need to upgrade my IPOffice switch to 3.0.69 to use this version of Phone Manager Pro? We are currently on 3.0.68!

I don't think so...it's an independent install, although I'm not entirely sure. That's a good question. I'll look that up.

Actually, now that I think of it, you don't have to upgrade the switch software; I had a client running 3.0 (44) on the PBX and 3.1 Phone Manager. It worked fine.

I'll still look for the Avaya docs., though. Should be interesting.

If you use 3.0 i would reccomend to use the latest 3.0 user software.

If you are on 3.1 then i would use the latest 3.1 user software.

So PM 3.0 (16) is the one to use.

Greets Peter

There is a saying "Working against yourself"(i've been know to do this a few times as well). Working on 2 different releases falls in that category I believe. Yes, it will work for the most part. But, there are bound to be certain features and quirky issues that may arise. Especially using 3.0 for one and 3.1 for the other. Heck, I had issues when I was using the 3.0.40 equivilent version of PM, when we upgraded to 3.0.59, upgrading the PM to the 3.0.59 equivilent solved a few of those issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back