Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SX200 ICP GTD 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

TechInter

Technical User
Mar 7, 2003
CA
Hi, I try to connect PRI with GTD c.o. (Telus) I have SX-200 ICP AX release 5.0 and embedded PRI card. I have programmed many DMS-100 PRI with any problem, but for the GTD is hard !! The protocol is NI2 according to c.o. guy. I programmed NI2 and trying all the protocol variant (5ESS,Bell, GTD5). In all mode, I can receive the call (DID) but never I can dial out. My ARS is ok, and on SMDR I see that the system take the channel but only the acces code is printed, no digit of the number ... On my phone, I have a silence ...

Somebody had the same experience ?

Thanks

Check your form 22 some times by inserting *6 will work if you follow the tech hand book for pri installing it should work fine

Try setting the call type to unknown.

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

Yes, I have try *6 and the combination with *4 and 000 on the form 22... Same result :(

KWB, same thing ... Do you know how to verify the clocking if is it good ? If it provided by the C.O. ?

This is not going to be a clocking issue. Clocking issues cause dropouts, static, and assorted other quality issues. It will not block calls outbound.

With NI-2 protocol, by default the system sends a call type flag and then digits. Call types include Local, LD, Toll Free, Operator, etc.

If the CO is not configured to accept the call flag, it does not know how to route the call and the call will fail.

Usually though, the issue is with LD and local calls work OK when this is the issue.

As your issue is with all calls failing, it is more likely going to be with the call setup.

Form 13 - Are you set to wink start?
Form 42 - ESF and B8ZS
- Unknown Dialing plan Enabled/Disabled? (mentioned above)
- Bearer Capability - (Per Call or Fixed)
- CLIR Voice - (Per Call or Fixed)
Form 22 - Need to insert digits for each Per Call option select in form 42. If both Bearer and CLIR are set to per call you should have *400*4 inserted in the Mod Digits.

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

kwb, YOU ARE THE MAN !! :))

Your description is very good ... It's make sense for the call flag.

All is working now. I didn't have anymore ressource ... I did'nt have anymore hair !!

Thanks a lot for your help, very appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back