Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SX200 ICP>Remote Call Fwd

Status
Not open for further replies.

jabbo99

Technical User
Nov 4, 2013
US
I've set up a landing phone to ringdown to an IP phone extension that is programmed to no answer/busy to a toll free number via a dedicated copper trunk. the copper trunk is punched down on one of the CO trunk ports on a 4x12 combo card. I have it programmed in Form 14 as Trunk 26 and set up in Trunk Group 1. I've entered the toll free number in the digit strings, pointed it to route 2 in Form 23. Route 2 points to trunk group 1, MOD Digit entry 2. Entry 2 is set to delete 1 digit and insert none.

When I go off hook on the landing phone, I get an external busy signal. When a but set is clipped on the POTS line at the DMARC and a call is made, I do not get a busy signal. What am I overlooking?

Thanks

Why all the complexity?

The Ringdown can go straight to a speedcall

When you say you clipped on to the ONS are we saying the same port as the ringdown? If so, no idea why one would behave differently from the other.

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

Try and use a system speed call to the toll free number (from busy/no answer) and use override toll control setting. (assuming you can do that in the SX). I just wonder if the butt set having pulled the dial tone at the dmark COR is being overidden somehow? (I am assuming a lot here BTW about simillarities between the SX and a 3300)

The complexity is the result of a customer request. They want the elevator landing phone to ring to a dedicated IP phone first. If the IP phone is not answered or busy, it will forward to a toll free number. For either cost savings or aesthetic reasons or both, the customer did not want RATH call boxes installed in his elevator landing areas. The customer requested that I program the PBX to emulate a RATH call box. Originally, I programmed 3 extensions for each elevator landing area. Each landing phone extension was programmed as a ringdown to a dedicated IP phones extension. If that IP phone extension was not answered or busy, it would then forward to his emergency services toll free number.

The PRI TTU just completed. I now re routed calls to the toll free number over the DID trunks instead of the CO trunk and the call to the toll free number is now working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back