Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SX200 ICP AX>Cannot Place LD Calls from one Extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

jabbo99

Technical User
Nov 4, 2013
US
There's one phone in a meeting room that cannot place Local or LD calls. When trying to place a local or LD call, caller gets a wave off tone.
I checked the calling restriction of the meeting room phone at the console and it's set to LD.
I changed it to Local. Unable to place a local call.
I changed it back to LD. Unable to place local or LD calls
I checked the Tenant Interconnection Table. The meeting room phones tenant is able to access the Trunk tenant.
I checked the meeting room phones COR and it is permitted to make LD calls.
Staff telephones are able to place local and LD calls.
Staff telephones have a different tenant and COR than the meeting room phone.
I changed the meeting room phones tenant and COR to the same as the Staff telephone. I'm still unable to place local or LD calls.
I changed the meeting room telephones extension to a new one. Port remains the same. Went to the console and changed the calling restriction to LD but I'm still unable to place local and LD calls.

The only features, I know of, that will block local and LD calling are Tenanting, COR, and Call Restriction via the 5540 IP console.

Can someone please toss me a few bread crumbs to help me get on the right path?

Thanks

The only thing that I don't see you mentioning is COS
crich01 said:
I changed the meeting room phones tenant and COR to the same as the Staff telephone. I'm still unable to place local or LD calls.

Maybe make that

I changed the meeting room phones tenant and COR [highlight #FCE94F]and COS[/highlight]

Can we assume the device type is analog and the Staff phones you are comparing with are also analog?

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

Thank you for your responses. Waldosworld, as far as I know, the telco has not placed any restrictions on the voice service. The issue is only affecting one extension in the hotel.

kwbMitel, you are correct in that I did leave out that tidbit of information. I did previously change the COS. Yes, the devices type is analog and the staff phones are also analog.

Next step is to swap devices

Change out the physical device with a known working device

Then if no change

Swap the Jumpers

Then if no change

Swap back the jumpers and swap the programmed ports

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back