Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sx200 call pickup and handset volume isse 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

n8is

Technical User
Jun 11, 2013
US
Customer has issue saving the volume on the handset 5312 phones and 5340 sub AA phones. I have tried to hold both arrow key and tried # , I looked in the blue key only found the ringer there.
Any help ? It's the last release on the sx200 software available.

Second issue customer wants to pick up the call of the front desk phones 5340 AA and console phones ( using ldn on loopstart lines, from the office admin phones 5312 , she says that her other hotel she did a *13 or something like that. Any help thank you in advance

You cannot turn volume ALL the way up. it will revert to level 4. Turn it up all the way then back down 1. It will stay there.

You cannot pick up or call LDN numbers. Only work around I've seen for this is to have incoming calls ring a phantom key and use call pickup to that. Unfortunately, doing that takes the console out of the loop.

You can pickup LDN's

You need to choose whether pickup will be available in Day mode or Night Mode

COS Option TAFAS during Day Mode Enables pickup via TAFAS Feature code for Day mode only (TAFAS = Trunk Answer From Any Station)

The feature key on a phone for Night Answer is a TAFAS key

With TAFAS during Day Disabled, it will only work in Night mode.

On the Handset volume, I agree that the phone will not retain full volume. I believe their may be a COS option to retain the volume otherwise. There is on the 3300 for sure.

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

I have tried the not up all the way but I have been using the press both arrows and tried pound after setting to volume level other then full, but maybe don't do anything after I set it to the volume level ?

I will look at the pickup issue because we can't even pickup on directed dial *09 and extension number, from any phone ringing ldn or otherwise.

Ok fixed a few issues , call pick up works and volume setting was issue do to my part not paying attention to cos I put the ip phones in. I had them in the console cos and it affected the volume not being able to save and very well the call pickup too.

Thanks you all for your help,
Last issue popped up is the room phones will not go back to internal calls when pms checks out guest. It is still calling local and LD , I have cos set to ons phones and default settings for phones internal when vacant and LD when occupied .

In your ARS form 26 have you set the Digit strings appropriately for LD and Local?

That ARS is a little sparce I must say.

But functional for the most part

How sure are you that the PMS is succeeding with the checkout?

The pms is sending the checkout and the system is acknowledging it. The room phone gives a small ring , the names are removed from the form 9 and 50 , I did a reboot to be sure, had the atrio pms tech reset his software , it is cloud based with server on site and using ip connection for interface.

It is lite on the ARS but they only have 8 pots lines and local ld is free, they are not charging for calls only needed international blocked and 411 and 900 calls , I'm sure there are others I could add .

I think it's pms as before I interfaced pms I had the option 107 setup to use the console and would check in and out , it worked fine, but when I enabled option 108 is when the issue started.

Check the status of system option 35? (I think)

It allows Outgoing Call Restriction - Should be enabled

I Checked, it's actually 32

Outgoing Call Restriction ENABLED 32

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back