Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

sx 200 voicemail huntgroup quits answering after a day 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

pmcilnay

Programmer
Sep 20, 2006
US
I have an sx 200 at a hotel. The hunt group dn for voicemail is 661. It stops answering after a day. I can reboot the system, then it answers normally, but then the next day it just rings no answer. I have opened a ticket with Mitel, but they haven't responded yet. Thanks!

The first thing I would check is to take the cover off of the box and observe the solder connections on the mother board.

In my area, we seem to be encountering a corrosion/reaction issue that turns the solder connections black and makes the system inoperable.

The early symptoms are power resets and service shutdowns.

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

What type of SX200 is it?

I have plenty of SX200 ICP AXs in many hotels and have encountered a similar problem that was isolated to the iPocket linking the PBXs embedded VM with the hotels property management system. Even encountered it on a 3300 AX. Users couldn't access their VM via the VM button on their phones or by dialing the pilot number. If an auto attendant was in use, it wouldn't work. I rebooted the PBX and it would work for several hours then go down again. I found the answer in Mitel's knowledge base. I'll see if I can find a link for you. The solution is to reboot the iPocket.

Mitel KBA Article ID # Version 13-5104-00067

I even started a thread on Tek-Tips about this problem back in July: thread1329-1752424

Check it out

Thank you both for your help! I reset the ipocket yesterday, voicemail is still answering this morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back