Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SX-200 ML Tenents and 800 number 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

phoneguyjr

Vendor
Mar 25, 2006
US
I have a customer that is a small hotel that just added a 800 number. It has been quite some time since i have worked on a SX-200 ML. I am trying to remember how to use tenents to restrict the 800 number from being transfered to room extensions but still being able to transfer to Admin extensions. This site is currently only using 1 tenent. I am going to sit and read through the edocs and try to figure it out but if anyone can help explain it I would really appreciate the help. Thank you.

This should be easier than you think. You will need to put all the room phones into a different tenant for sure. Then, just use the interconnect restriction form to isolate them. It's that form with the grid of *s

Semper Fi

Great, Thank you. I will try this on Monday and see if we can get it all working.

I was never in the Military but Thank you for your service and Semper Fi from a Marine family. Grandfather, Uncles, Stepfather and Brother all Marines.

It MUST be a dedicated analog trunk for tenanting to work

Admin and Standard Trunks - Tenant 1 - no change
Rooms - Tenant 2 - Form 9 change
1-800 trunk - Tenant 3 - Form 14

Form 5 Tenant inter-connection control

[pre] 1 2 3
1 0 * *
2 * 0 .
3 * . 0
[/pre]

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

kwbMitel,

Thank you. I was thinking that was basically what I needed to do but you and Joseph both confirmed what I was thinking. Its an hour drive to the site and I just wanted to be sure I knew what I was doing before heading there. Thank you again for all your help guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back