Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Switching Views in Word from Master to Normal from VB

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbr501

IS-IT--Management
Feb 19, 2001
US
I'm using automation - early binding in VB6 to automate a mail merge precedure in Word2K. There seems to be a bug when attempting to switch views in Word from VB from Master back to Normal using the code:

ActiveWindow.view.Type = wdNormalView

The issue is that I need to be in the Master View in order to manipulate my document, but I want to switch back to Normal View before I save them out as Word Files. This code seems to execute just fine in my program, however, the final documents continue to save in Master View Format.

Any ideas how to force the view back to Normal??

Thanks in advance!

Not sure if this will help but I recently found out that Word defaults how it opens a document by checking settings on your computer. Have some else open the word file after you have run your code and see if the word document opens in normal view or master view.

I hope this may point you in the right direction.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I've tried that and no dice. I'm convinced that this can not be done using this method. I've looked all over the place for how to do this, but no luck so far. I may call MS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back