Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

switching to 7945 phonefrom a 6921 phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

xharryooo

Programmer
Mar 14, 2007
US
How can I program my phone from a cisco 6921 phone to a cisco 7945 phone using call manager. I tried to change to the new Mac address and that would not work. Thanks

You cannot just change macs if its not the same type phone. Add it as a new 6921.
Once you add the lines you had on the 7945 you can delete it.

Also if the enduser had a CSF Softphone (i.e., for CUPC) in addition to the 6921, then before deleting the old 6921 you will need to go into their CSF profile and change the MAC address of primary instrument to reflect that of the new one.

Original MUG/NAMU Charter Member

you should go to the 6921 phone first and click on the "line/dn" deasociate it from that phone then go back to the phone,6921, and deleat it.
you can copy another 7945 phone and use your new MAC address, then click on the line/dn, when you add the extension all the information should come up, this way you don,t have to "rebuild" the line/ext information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back